Today will be a hearing in the House Financial Services Committee entitled, “HR 2267, Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act.”
This is a bill introduced May 6, 2009 by Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-MA). The bill establishes a comprehensive licensing and regulatory framework for the internet gambling industry in the United States.
The bill, H.R.2267, has 69 co-sponsors, both Republicans and Democrats.
The hearing will kick off after lunch at 1:00pm ET in Room 2128 of the Rayburn House Office Building. No markup of HR 2267 will occur, this is an opportunity for discussion and testimony on the legislation.
Five witnesses are scheduled to speak at the hearing. Three witnesses Annie Duke, Ed Williams and Lynn Malerba will speak in support of the bill. Two witness will speak in opposition, Tom Malkasian and Michael K. Fagan.
Last 10 posts in Online Poker
- €650,000 Premium Chase at bet365 - January 16th, 2014
- Carbon Online Poker Series November 2013 - October 28th, 2013
- Get $5 Free + $1,000 New Player Bonus with Poker at bet365 - September 18th, 2013
- Everything In Poker Is Situational There Is No Formula - September 16th, 2013
- Making Sense of Important Poker HUD Stats - July 30th, 2013
- Find The Best Online Poker Sites For Real Money - July 24th, 2013
- A Guide To Playing Online Poker Like A Pro - July 17th, 2013
- Vegas VIP Vacation at Bovada - May 9th, 2013
- Money Ladder at bet365 - April 5th, 2013
- Bovada $100K Guaranteed Poker Tournament - March 22nd, 2013