The Las Vegas’ Excalibur casino and hotel was evacuated after alarms went off around 2 a.m. Tuesday. Patrons where whisked from the gaming floor, restaurants and hotel to the safety of outdoors.
MGM resorts spokesman Gordon Absher said hotel employees evacuated one of the Las Vegas Strip casino’s four towers after alarms went off around 2 a.m. Tuesday. Guests were allowed back in to the 28-floor structure two hours later.
There was no actual fire, but the smoke smell spread because it started in the ventilation system, Absher said.
The equipment was repaired before lunch on Tuesday.
Las Vegas casinos have some of the most advanced fire prevention systems in the world, Absher said.
Las Vegas Strip hotels have adhered to strict fire codes enacted following two deadly high-rise hotel fires more than 30 years ago. The MGM Grand hotel blaze in November 1980 killed 87 people. An arson fire at the Las Vegas Hilton nearly three months later killed eight people.
Last 10 posts in Casino Gambling
- Online Casino Betting Promotions For USA Players - August 6th, 2013
- Online Casino Poker Games - February 26th, 2013
- About International Game Technology (IGT) - February 26th, 2013
- Bonus Builder: maximise your bonus with bet365 - May 28th, 2012
- Bellagio employees foil robbery - May 22nd, 2012
- $6 Million Blackjack Win at Tropicana AC - March 21st, 2012
- Iron Man 2 Slot - March 7th, 2012
- Great Deals From Bet365 - February 23rd, 2012
- Christmas Promotions At bet365 - December 23rd, 2011
- Online Slots Bonuses - December 14th, 2011