In light of the news that rocked the US online poker situation, I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at the effect it has had on Partypoker. Partypoker was the largest poker room in the world before the 2006 passing of UIGEA, when they left the US market. Because the poker scene was still heavily concentrated in the US, PokerStars and FullTilt Poker (whom still allowed US players) quickly passed them up.
Partypoker has grown up a lot since the days of 2006. Now part of a publicly traded company, Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment Plc, they are the world’s largest publicly traded online gambling firm. Their family of sites includes Partypoker, the flagship poker site, and Bwin sportsbook. They have many other sites that offer casino games, soft games and more. You can play now using a bonus code for PartyBets to get the best first time deposit.
Well, April 15, 2011 was like 2006 all over again. This time PokerStars and FullTilt are the 600lb gorrilas, and have left the US market. As it turns out, both sites remain larger in real money player volume then Partypoker. But the question still remains to be answered, will it stay this way.
European players are of course a huge part of the players base for Partypoker. They also have players from all across the globe. Many of the players from these areas have chosen Pokerstars and FullTilt poker because of the large players pools, that included US players. Now with these US players gone, will the others migrate over to Partypoker?
The traffic reports have peak players up 10%-15% at Partypoker. This is a nice bump, that is likely to grow. Being a publicly traded company a player gets full financial disclosure from Partypoker. Partypoker only operates where it is explicitly legal to do so, therefore it is quite unlikely to have the problems of the US facing poker sites. This is peice of mind that many players might find comforting.
The online poker market is going to be in a shake-up for a while. You can be sure Partypoker well be marketing to get those PS and FTP players under their umbrella. Just as PS and FTP will be doing their best to keep them.
Last 10 posts in Online Poker
- €650,000 Premium Chase at bet365 - January 16th, 2014
- Carbon Online Poker Series November 2013 - October 28th, 2013
- Get $5 Free + $1,000 New Player Bonus with Poker at bet365 - September 18th, 2013
- Everything In Poker Is Situational There Is No Formula - September 16th, 2013
- Making Sense of Important Poker HUD Stats - July 30th, 2013
- Find The Best Online Poker Sites For Real Money - July 24th, 2013
- A Guide To Playing Online Poker Like A Pro - July 17th, 2013
- Vegas VIP Vacation at Bovada - May 9th, 2013
- Money Ladder at bet365 - April 5th, 2013
- Bovada $100K Guaranteed Poker Tournament - March 22nd, 2013