As you already know, Pokerstars and several other online poker sites are part of an indictment by the US government. Despite the significant setbacks of April 15, 2011 (AKA: Black Friday), Pokerstars remains the number one online poker room in terms of player volume. So, why is this?
For starters, many people believed Pokerstars was made up of largely US players. This was proven untrue in the days following black Friday. Pokerstars had been advertising effectively in many markets, creating a nice rounded players base. Pokerstars is still the worlds largest poker room, even without US players.
Return of Bankrolls:
As of the date of this article, Pokerstars is the only indicted site to have returned US players bankrolls. On April, 27th 2011, Pokerstars announced it would begin the cashout process for US based players. It also said the funds where readily available. On May 13, 2011 Pokerstars announced it had returned $100M to US players. It is believed Pokerstars has resolved it obligations to US players.
Top Notch License:
Pokerstars is licensed in the Isle of Man buy the Gambling Supervision Commission (GSC). The Isle of Man is a self governing British Crown Dependency and license holders are automatically added to the UK Gambling Commission whitelist. According to a report at Online Poker Sites, the GSC operates with the following principles:
- To provide a crime-free environment for offline and online gambling
- To protect underage and vulnerable players from risks
- To ensure fair gaming and payouts by the license holders
The report goes on to say: “A unique feature of Isle of Man licensed poker sites… they are required under their licensing agreement to keep players’ account balances ring fenced and entirely segregated from operating funds ” (Full Report). The fact that players funds are segregated is likely the reason US cashouts happened with such speed.
Pokerstars Random Number Generator (RNG) is audited by Cigital, a proven leader in the field. Cigital, under it former name, Reliable Software Technologies found a way to crack the RNG PlanetPoker was using in 1999. They have continued to constantly audit RNGs to ensure true randomness.
Pokerstars is a safe and secure online poker site. Pokerstars has proven themselves capable of keeping players bankrolls safe, even in the face of adversity. It is reasonable to believe with the mixture of a high quality license, a secure RNG and the largest poker player base Pokerstars will continue to thrive in the future.
Last 10 posts in Online Poker
- €650,000 Premium Chase at bet365 - January 16th, 2014
- Carbon Online Poker Series November 2013 - October 28th, 2013
- Get $5 Free + $1,000 New Player Bonus with Poker at bet365 - September 18th, 2013
- Everything In Poker Is Situational There Is No Formula - September 16th, 2013
- Making Sense of Important Poker HUD Stats - July 30th, 2013
- Find The Best Online Poker Sites For Real Money - July 24th, 2013
- A Guide To Playing Online Poker Like A Pro - July 17th, 2013
- Vegas VIP Vacation at Bovada - May 9th, 2013
- Money Ladder at bet365 - April 5th, 2013
- Bovada $100K Guaranteed Poker Tournament - March 22nd, 2013