It has been reported movie star, and expert poker player Tobey Maguire has settles his lawsuit related to the 2008 Hollywood poker games. Maguire was being sued for $300,000 as a result of a poker game involving disgraced businessman Bradley Ruderman.
In 2004, Maguire took up tournament poker. He has finished in the money in several events and has been tutored by poker professional Daniel Negreanu. Maguire can be seen on ESPN’s coverage of the 2005, 2006, and 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event Championship.
Phil Hellmuth said during the June 28, 2007, episode of Poker After Dark that Tobey has won $10 million by playing poker in Hollywood. Maguire played in the 2007 World Series of Poker. He survived days 1a, 2a and 3 but was eliminated in 292nd place on the fourth day, taking $39,445 in prize money.
Last 10 posts in Poker News
- €650,000 Premium Chase at bet365 - January 16th, 2014
- Carbon Online Poker Series November 2013 - October 28th, 2013
- CarbonPoker: Increased Guarantees ALL Week! - May 17th, 2013
- Carbon Poker $50,000 Equalizer - May 1st, 2013
- Carbon Poker Turbo OPS Tournament Series - March 27th, 2013
- UIGEA overview at RealMoneyOnlinePoker.org - March 25th, 2013
- WSOP Champ Greg Raymer Arrested for Prostitution - March 15th, 2013
- Full Tilt Poker Reopens November 6th - October 19th, 2012
- Bovada 3D(ay) Weekend - October 13th, 2012
- Full Tilt Poker CEO Ray Bitar Surrenders to U.S. Authorities - July 2nd, 2012